Thursday, October 2, 2014

Selena Gomez "disgusting?"


Selena Gomez, who co-starred with Jeff Garlin in the Wizards of Waverly Place, is facing hard criticism from fellow co-star about her appearance.  Over the years, Gomez has of course changed in appearance as she has become older and as her roles in television and movies have evolved.  She is not longer the young little actress from Disney channel.  However, Garlin would view things differently.

In an interview with Huffpost Live, Garlin shares his feeling about her appearance in the recent movie Spring Breakers.  "I'm by myself in the theater, and I couldn't have felt dirtier.  Great bikini shots of Selena Gomez?  I don't go there.  I see the thing, but I see those chubby cheeks.  She's a kid.  This is disgusting that it's happening so young."

Keep in mind that Selena Gomez is 22 years old.  Hardly a child if you ask me.  What business does he have stating opinions like that?  I'm pretty sure that most viewers of the movie Spring Breakers didn't have an issue with her appearance.  What I would like to consider, is what impact this will have on Garlin's career.  Yes, it's probably not that big of a deal, but it's a big enough deal to write an article about.  I'm sure Gomez isn't his biggest fan now.  How would you feel if one of your former co-starts said that about your work?

Garlin may have someone that helps him prepare for interviews, but his statements need work if he plans on avoiding offensive comments in the future.  This type of behavior will not make him any friends, and could impact his career in a negative light if comments like this continue and progress.


Sources:

https://celebrity.yahoo.com/news/jeff-garlin-calls-former-co-star-selena-gomezs-104300239.html




Note:  This blog is for educational purposes only for a course at Brigham Young University - Idaho.

No comments:

Post a Comment