Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Hero

Many things came to my mind when I think about what a hero is.  To me a hero is someone that has had a strong influence in our lives, and someone that we would like to become.  Soon after returning home from serving a mission, my Grandpa passed away.  It was something that I knew was coming, but that I don’t think I was fully prepared for.  As I sat listening to his life story at his funeral service, memories flooded my mind.  I remembered all the things we used to do together, and learned things I had never known about him.  Tears soon came as I thought about what an amazing man my Grandpa was, and how much I missed him.  Ralph Watts wasn’t just a man, or a father, or a grandpa, but he was a hero.  In the twenty one years that I had known him, he was always someone that I knew was wise and very smart.  His life was lived in a way that showed he wanted to return to live with his Father in Heaven again.  I believe that one of his greatest accomplishments in his life is his posterity.  As he lived the Gospel, he provided an example for his wife, his children, grandchildren, and great grandchildren.  I’m not sure what my life would be like if my Grandpa had chosen to take a different path in his journey.  Ralph Watts is one of my hero’s because he has helped me get to where I am today.  I am so grateful for a knowledge of the Gospel, and for the example that he showed to me.  I look forward to the day that I will be able to see him again.  I love you Grandpa.    

No comments:

Post a Comment